Most of my listening for the past three months has centered on artists that I loved back in the 1980s, although several of these are new albums. As a general rule, I try not to get stuck in the past but this past quarter looks a little different.
- New Devo album, “Something for Everybody”! These guys were my favorite band in high school and, after a 20 year hiatus, they’re back at it!
- New digital versions of Herbie Hancock albums “Future Shock,” “Perfect Machine,” and “Soundsystem”
- Sly & Robbie‘s “Language Barrier”
- Tom Jones “Reloaded”
- KC and the Sunshine Band “Shake, Shake, Shake, and Other Hits”
- Two of the Thomas Dolby albums that I never really liked that much: “The Flat Earth” and “Aliens Ate My Buick.” (I much preferred “The Golden Age of Wireless” and whatever that was that had “Puppet Theatre” on it.)